My partner, Jelliffe, and I have two dogs - Bell and Reign. We are avid readers, though most of our reading is done via our Audible on our long commute to work. My curiosity about culture and the world spurs my wanderlust. I love to travel, and actively pursue opportunities to do so for short vacations, and also for longer periods by living abroad.
I am the Associate Director of the Academic Technology Applications Program in the Office of Information Technology at the University of Colorado Boulder. My team is responsible for several areas:
- Day-to-day support and continuous improvement of a number of applications including:
- Desire2Learn, our campus learning management system;
- Kaltura and iTunes U, our streaming media service;
- Lynda.com, a library of video based tutorials;
- Qualtrics, an online survey creation, distribution, and reporting tool;
- VoiceThread, an interactive, asynchronous discussion application;
- Coursera, our campus MOOC platform; and
- SensusAccess, a tool that converts documents to accessible formats.
- Providing captioning for student accommodation requests, public-facing academic content, and content that serves a strategic purpose.
- Consultations and training to faculty on the applications offered in our program.
We are also responsible for the continuous improvement of our services, and evaluating, and implementing new applications aimed at meeting the learning, teaching, and research needs for the faculty, students, and staff on our campus.